The official website of Georgia Department of Driver Services offers you variety of information, online services, forms that need to be filled in, drivers manuals, practice tests and much more. However, all those details can sometimes be hard to find and understand. Have no worries though, since we give you the ultimate guide to Georgia DDS where all the necessary info regarding vehicle registration, driver’s licenses, ID cards, etc. are organized neatly.
How and when to make appointments
Apart from visiting DDS locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact the DDS to schedule certain activities in advance:
- Call the Contact Center Reservation Line at (678) 413-8400 – Choose Option 3 (from the Atlanta Area) and (866) 754-3687 – Choose Option 3 (from outside Atlanta) for making a road test appointment at any DDS location.
- To make a road test appointment for a commercial license call a CDL Third Party Testing Site.
- DDS CDL Road Test Examination Station handles road test appointment for CDL. Dial (678) 413-8500 to make an appointment.
- To make an appointment for exchanging your non-Georgia driver’s license call (678) 413-8400. These appointments are only available at the Decatur-South DeKalb Mall,North Cobb – Canton Road in Marietta, Lithonia, Lawrenceville, and Locust Grove DDS locations.
Contact Georgia DDS via email
If you have any questions concerning the issues you see below, feel free to send them to the following email addresses:
- For feedback or complaints or specific issues concerning licensing
- For registration, title, or other issues – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For issues related to registrations of commercial vehicles – email@example.com
- For issues related to special license plates and more - firstname.lastname@example.org
- See this Georgia guide http://www.dmv.com/ga/georgia too and visit http://www.dmv.com/ga/georgia/how-to/get-your-drivers-license where you will also find all the latest and easy to understand DMV information about the state.
To find your nearest DDS office and save time as well click here http://www.dds.ga.gov/locations/index.aspx.